When your holiday celebrations include a little too much of a good thing, let Holiday Detox 101 come to the rescue and get you back up on your dancing feet.
Start your day off with lots of easily digested liquids:
- Water, water and more water please!
- Berry smoothies for glorious boosting antioxidants
- Green drinks for instantly, digestible, cleansing greens
- Herbal teas, especially ginger and fennel and green tea, to soothe and calm the system
When you’re ready to step it up a notch with solid foods, try these:
- Mixed, roasted or saute’d vegetables to add vitamins and nutrients that settle easily
- Raw super salads for their fiber and dense nutrient volume
- Fermented foods like sauerkraut, cabbage and pickles to bring you back to balance
Extra tricks to round things off, add-in anti-inflammatory foods like these:
- Salmon, wild-caught
- Kelp and sea vegetables
- Dark chocolate and cacao powder
- Extra virgin olive oil
Now you’re ready for anything the holiday has to offer!
Life is all about balance. During the holidays, it’s a time to be with friends, old and new, family and loved ones. Take the emphasis off the food and onto what counts, being connected, loved and immersed in magical adventures…
Spread joy to those around you and soak in the love you receive..Happy Holidays!