Many of my clients and friends say they hate green drinks because they don’t like the taste of vegetables. Why A green Drink? It is a wonderful detoxification drink to get your system running smooth or to add in a lot of needed vegetables that your body craves! Who really eats 9-11 servings of vegetables every day? Below is a recipe for one of my favorite green drinks that I have heard rave reviews from veggie skeptics! Try it for yourself and see!
- 1-3 Kale leaves or a handful of spinach leaves or other lettuce
- 3-4 stalks of celery
- ½ cucumber
- 1 apple or 1 carrot (I use 6-8 baby carrots)
- ¼ lemon (optional for extra sweetness)
- 1 small piece of ginger root (optional for a little kick of flavor)
- Add Celery, cucumber, apple or carrots, lemon and ginger root one at a time into juicer and juice them.
- Place this into a blender and add kale leaves (or lettuce of choice) and equal amounts of water to juice.
- Blend till smooth.
- Use more or less water, to taste. Beginners may want more to start.