While you are kicking back and enjoying the heat of summer, here is a great tropical green smoothie to have to take you away to the islands…or if you are lucky, to savor your island time while you are there….
Smoothies are a great way to add a lot of nutrients in one dose, have that glass of water you need and give you a flavor boost when you want more than a glass of water. This one give you two fruits and cleansing vegetables.
Enjoy! This will keep you going for hours, but feel free to add a scoop of high quality protein powder, if you wish.
Can you hear those steel drums?
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 C coconut water
- 1 C fresh or canned pineapple chunks (no sugar added, please!)
- ½ banana
- ½ C torn spinach leaves or a small handful
- 1 torn piece of Kale pulled from the stem
- combine ice cubes, water, fruit, spinach and kale in blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into two glasses. Serve immediately for best results
- You can store in refrigerator for later but make sure to stir well before drinking or whirl in the blender to recombine.